Regional Directorate of Education for Thessaly, Greece
REDT Greece is responsible for the iimplementation of educational policy, links the local agents to central services & organizations, administers and supervises the other decentralized services and coordinates local school advisors. It is also responsible for all the formation and in-service- training for its 22000 teachers and 100 support staff. REDT of Thessaly has been involved in more than 50 EU-projects.
Personnel at REDT have many years experience of running conferences and being key-note speakers at courses.
The expertise of the staff includes:
- Educational innovation
- Collaboration with universities on decentralized post-graduate courses
- Advise on methodology
- Co-ordination of pedagogical initiatives
- Advising pupils, teachers, parents and politicians
- Implementing internal evaluation
- Developing school management programmes
- Providing ICT support
- Operating a regional resource centre