Aims and objectives
- To promote language learning and linguistic diversity.
- To reinforce the role of lifelong learning in creating a sense of European citizenship based on understanding and respect for human rights and democracy, and encouraging tolerance.
- To develop knowledge and understanding among young people and educational staff of the diversity of European cultures and languages and its value.
- To help young people acquire the basic life-skills and competences necessary for their personal development, for future employment and for active European citizenship.
- To encourage the learning of modern foreign languages.
- To support improvements in pedagogical approaches and school management.